3/4 cup olive oil
1 cup diced onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
6 anchovy fillets chopped (don’t worry, you won’t taste them)
1/4 cup dry white wine
4 cups hand-crushed, canned imported San Marzano Italian plum tomatoes with juice
1 cup black Kalamata olives, pitted
2 tablespoons salt-packed capers, rinsed
1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
Salt to taste
10 fresh basil leaves, torn
1 Pinch dried oregano
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
1 lb. spaghetti
Locatelli cheese to taste
1. Place oil, onion and garlic in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Saute for about five minutes or until onions are translucent, but not brown. Stir in anchovies and saute until anchovies dissolve in oil.
2. Raise heat and add wine. Bring to a boil, then stir in tomatoes, olives, capers and red pepper flakes. Return to a boil. Lower heat and simmer five minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and simmer another ten minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in rapidly boiling salted water until al dente.
4. Just before serving, stir basil and oregano into sauce.
5. Drain spaghetti and return to pot. Over medium-high heat, stir in ? cup sauce and toss for one minute. Remove from heat and spoon remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese.